8 Tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon of cream cheese, room temperature
2 Tablespoon buttermilk
1 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 Cups all-purpose flour
1/4 Teaspoons baking soda
1 Teaspoon baking powder
Zest of 1 lemon
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2 apples, cut in small chunks
1/4 t. cinnamon, plus 1 Tablespoon of sugar
1 Tablespoon of water
1/2 jar of BumbleBerry Farms Sea Salt Caramel Honey Cream Spread
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine butter and sugar in medium bowl; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Add the egg to the sugar mixture and beat until just blended.
- Add the cream cheese, buttermilk, and vanilla extract. Beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining dough ingredients and add to the cream cheese mixture. Combine with mixer.
- Transfer dough to a piece of plastic wrap, and using your hands, press the dough into a 1-inch-thick patty. Wrap well and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Place apple chunks in a bowl, then add cinnamon, sugar, and water. Mix thoroughly until apples are coated.
- Divide the refrigerated dough in half on a floured work surface. Roll out one half of the dough to 1/8" thickness. Using a 4 1/2 round biscuit cutter, cut circles out of the dough, then transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Top each dough circle with a tablespoon of apple mixture. Add a teaspoon of Sea Salt Caramel Honey Cream
to the apples.
- Using your finger, wet the rim of the circle with water.
- Place dough circle on top of each pie, and pinch the two dough circles together.
- Using a fork tine, gently prick the top of the hand pie.
- Sprinkle pie tops with sugar.
Bake until hand pies are golden brown and just slightly cracked, about 20-25 minutes. Remove the pies from the oven and let stand to cool slightly before serving.